WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of services of the information society. Among others, it allows a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their team and, depending on the information, can be used to recognize and improve the service offered.
TYPES OF COOKIES
According to whoever it is, the entity that manages the domain from where the cookies are sent and treat the data that is obtained and can
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment by a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but is an entity that treats the data through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher, but the information is collected through the use of own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the time period that remains stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
- Session cookies: to store and store data while the user accesses a web page. It has been used to store information that has only been preserved for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: a platform for using the different options or services in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing the restricted access parts, remembering the elements that they integrate an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the registration request or participate in an event, use security elements during navigation, store contents for the dissemination of videos and sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which to access the service , at the regional level from where to access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: allows the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information of this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the location of websites, the application or platform and the description of navigation profiles of users of sites, applications and platforms, in order to improve the keys function of the analysis of the usage data that users of the service make.
- Advertising cookies: allows the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they store user behavior information through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows them to develop a specific profile to show the advertising in its function.
DEACTIVATION AND ELIMINATION OF COOKIES
You have the option to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. When you disable cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he wants to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/en-GB/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following